- Mixed Biological-Robotic Systems
- Multi-Robot Coordination and Swarming
- Smart Materials
- Journal Club
Our research focuses on practical robot applications that target grand challenge applications such as sustainable food production and exploration of space. We are also thinking about materials that future robots will be made off. We believe that such materials will deeply embed sensing, actuation, computation and communication in order to adapt their physical properties to changing requirements. Our teaching focuses on creating a new breed of robotic systems engineers, an interdisciplinary approach to model and design large-scale distributed systems, and to attract students to engineering and computer science.The lab was founded in August 2009. Before this, Nikolaus was a Post-Doc with Daniela Rus‘ Distributed Robotics Laboratory at MIT, a PhD student with Alcherio Martinoli‘s Distributed Intelligent Systems and Algorithms Laboratory at EPFL, and a research assistant at the Collective Robotics Group, Caltech.
- Michael Theodore’s endo/exo at David B. Smith’s gallery in Denver
- Post-doc position in plant perception and manipulation
- Andy McEvoy to receive Beverly Sear’s Graduate Student Research Grant
- CU Boulder’s X-Hab team selected for NASA RASC-AL competition
- Online classes, threat or blessing?