“Life is pretty simple: You do some stuff. Most fails. Some works. You do more of what works. If it works big, others quickly copy it. Then you do something else. The trick is the doing something else. ” – Leonardo da Vinci
- - Assembly by Intelligent Scaffolding by Erik Komendera, Dustin Reishus, and Nikolaus Correll
Natural Language Toolkit
“Open source Python modules, linguistic data and documentation for research and development in natural language processing and text analytics, with distributions for Windows, Mac OSX and Linux” – NTLK
- - Installation Instructions. Note: This is a Ubuntu/Debian package available
- - Alan Shen’s Advanced Robotics NLTK Package (to be moved to version control)
- - Language Games in Wubble World: Final Report Paul R. Cohen. Wesley Kerr. Daniel Hewlett. Shane Hoversten. Yu-Han Chang. Technical Report. 2008.
- - Learning in Wubble World. Wesley Kerr. Shane Hoversten. Daniel Hewlett. Paul R. Cohen. Yu-Han Chang. IEEE International Conference on Development and Learning. 2007.
Manipulation / OpenRAVE
“OpenRAVE provides an environment for testing, developing, and deploying motion planning algorithms in real-world robotics applications. The main focus is on simulation and analysis of kinematic and geometric information related to motion planning” – OpenRAVE Homepage
- - Into the Wind: Dissecting our Manipulation Architecture, a high level overview of our manipulation software.
- - OpenRAVE Installation Instructions
- - ROS Layer
- - Project specific OpenRAVE layer and real arm communication module
- - Low-Level Python API
- - RX-24/28 Documentation
- - EX-106+ Documentation
- - AX-12A Documentation
Visualization, Human Centered Computing, and User Experience
“The commonality between science and art is in trying to see profoundly – to develop strategies of seeing and showing.” – Edward Tufte
“Doing research on the Web is like using a library assembled piecemeal by pack rats and vandalized nightly.” – Roger Ebert
Setting Up The ARI Dev Environment: VM Option
“the journey to the cloud starts with the virtual machine.” – Chief Executive Paul Martiz